The early years of children are vital when it comes to education because it prepares them to enter the next chapter of their life. At Rafflesia, our Early Years Education programmes are catered for children aged 3 to 5.
They are taught in a balanced environment, where they can acquire knowledge in a fun and healthy way and at the same time, worry free, as we provide a safe, secure and supportive learning environment. Our aim is to help build a happy, confident, sociable and eager learner and most importantly, children who will never find learning to be boring. The programme is child-centred and activity-oriented in providing opportunities for every child to:
- Adjust to new learning situations
- Develop skills and concepts appropriate to their level of maturity
- Build self esteem, confidence and independence
- Learn new routines and responsibilities
- Encourage and provide opportunities for learning through play
- Respect others and learn the meaning of unity within a multicultural society
- Adopt healthy habits and safety rules
- Make the transition to the next level within Early Years and when moving into Year 1 with ease.
INTERNATIONAL EARLY YEARS CURRICULUM (IEYC)
Our Early Years students follow the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC). This curriculum, which is child-centered and activity-based, is specially design for individual differences in ability and interest.
Early Years at Rafflesia is comprised of Nursery and Reception. These year groups cater for children between the ages of 3 to 5. Specialist classes in Music, Art, Physical Education and Computers are incorporated into their weekly schedule.